This ultimate cheese and onion omelette recipe comes complete with a melting Mozzarella core.
And best of all you can whip it up in a frying pan in a matter of minutes from just a handful of ingredients.
- Eggs 1
- Butter 1 tsp
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Red onion
How to make a melting Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and onion omelette
- Dice up the onions.
- In a bowl or jug, crack in the eggs and mix together with the onions and grated cheese.
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and leave to settle for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Place the mozzarella cubes in a line down the centre.
- Pull back the edges with a spoon or spatula to allow the uncooked egg to run off.
- After a further minute or two, fold in the edges to the centre.
- Carefully flip the whole thing and cook for another 30 seconds, before serving.