This perfect poached eggs recipe makes getting poached eggs right almost idiot proof – even we managed it!
Here’s the easy, complete cheat way to make poached eggs every time with the sandwich bags trick.
- Sandwich bag 1
- Oil Just a drop
- Egg 1
- Muffin/bread To serve
How to make Perfect poached eggs:
- Heat a pan of water until just about boiling
- Grab a sandwich bag and put into the bottom a small bit of olive oil, close the bag and rub with your fingers to smother the oil around the bottom of the bag – this is to make it easier to remove the egg later. Alternatively, give it a spray or two of 1kal frylight.
- Place the bag over a bowl or ramekin and crack an egg into it.
- Remove the the bag from the bowl and tie up – you can use pretty much anything from a simple knot to a sandwich bag tie, or even a hair clip.
- Place the bag in the water and cook for 3 and half to 4 and half minutes, depending on how firm you like your egg.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread or muffin or otherwise prepare whatever you’re eating with your egg.
- Remove the bag and cut off the top under the knot/tie/hair clip/whatever with a pair of scissors.
- Then just tip the egg from the bag and onto the toast and enjoy!
- Here we’ve served our poached egg on toast with some hollandaise sauce.