Forget the takeaway and hit the BBQ this summer with this, the ultimate in Double Bacon Cheeseburgers.
The recipe below includes home made steak burgers with special burger sauce, but you can cheat by buying these ready made from the supermarkets.
- Brioche bun
- Steak mince + salt & pepper
- Cheese slices
- Burger sauce See recipe below
How to make the ultimate double bacon cheeseburger:
- Prepare the burgers: Season the steak mince with salt and pepper to taste and divide into burgers about 1cm thick.
- Fry the burgers on either side, turning occasionally, until done to preference. Add cheese slices on top.
- Fry the bacon afterwards and set aside.
- Lightly toast the bun.
- NOTE: You can cook the burgers, bacon and toast the buns on the BBQ!
- For the burger sauce, you can buy ready made or for home made burger sauce: Mix 1 tablespoon of mayo, 1/2 tablespoon of ketchup, 1/4 tablespoon of yellow mustard, 1 teaspoon each of minced onion and garlic, splash of white vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Make the burger from the bottom up, starting with the lower half of the bun followed by the burger sauce, and lettuce.
- Top with the cheesy burgers and bacon.
- On the underside of the top bun, spread over mayo and add a slice tomato before completing the burger.