Make yourself some yummy and moist carrot cake in minutes with this super quick microwave carrot cake recipe.
To reduce the fat content half the butter used in this recipe is substituted for sunflower oil.
It’s also very quick and student friendly as it’s cooked in the microwave!
- Plain flour 115 g
- Butter 50 g
- Sunflower oil 65 g
- Sugar 115 g
- Eggs 2
- Carrots peeled and grated 100 g
How to make microwave carrot cake:
- Mix the flour, butter, oil, sugar and eggs until a smooth consistency is formed (allow the butter to go soft before starting so a batter forms more easily)
- Peel and grate the carrot and stir into the batter
- Grease the microwaveable dish with a little sunflower oil and pour in the mixture
- Cover with cling-film and microwave on high power for 8 minutes. Once cooled cut into bite sized chunks.