Make these easy and yummy butterfly cakes with this super simple and quick to follow recipe.
The mix below will yield anywhere between 12 and 15 cupcakes, depending on the size.
- Caster sugar 110 g
- Self raising flour 110 g
- Baking powder 2 tsps
- Icing sugar 220 g
- Butter 220 g
How to make Easy and yummy butterfly cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Mix the sugar and flour together
- Add HALF the butter and the eggs
- Whisk all together
- Fill the cake cases with about a tablespoon full of the mix.
- Place in the oven for around 15 mins or until golden brown, cool on cooling rack
- For icing – Whisk remaining half of the butter and half of the icing sugar together, once mixed added other half of the icing sugar and a dash of milk, keep stirring.
- Cut a small hole out of the top of the cake and cut this bit in half.
- Fill hole with icing sugar and place cut out pieces on top like wings. I’ve used green food colouring for St Patricks Day!