This apple pie cake hybrid is real easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
Best served warm with ice cream or custard but is, of course, just as tasty once it cools also.
- 1 large cooking apple Or 2-3 normal apples
- 10 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 155g flour
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar and custard Just to serve
How to make this amazing Apple ‘Pie Cake’:
- Preheat the oven to 200 c.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until blended.
- Melt the butter in a pot/microwave and stir it into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture.
- Cut the apples into little cubes and fold them into the mixture also.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes (until the cake is golden brown).
- Once done, let the cake cool for 20 minutes.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and enjoy!