Quite a twist on the standard sausage and mash: Try this sticky honey sausage and sweet potato student meal.
This tasty dish is not only delicious but is easy to scale up or down to serve one or many!
The ingredients below make for two people.
- Sausages 4
- Sweet potato 2
- Small red onion
- Honey 3 tbsps
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
How to make honey sausage and sweet potato meal:
- Roughly cut up the sweet potato and toss into a baking tray with and drizzle with the oil, season and give everything a good mix.
- Add in the sausages
- Bake for around 30 minutes, just until the sweet potatoes begin to soften, at 200 degrees, giving the pan a shake a few times throughout (every 10 minutes) to ensure nice and even cooking
- While the potatoes and sausages cook, peel and slice the red onion
- Add in the red onion to the sausages and potato and drizzle over the honey.
- Give everything a good mix/shake/toss and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.