This delicious chicken fajitas recipe makes for a super easy dinner.
They really are trivial for even the most novice of student cooks to master, requiring little more than shoving everything in a baking dish and putting it in the oven.
And in just half an hour, it’s done and ready to enjoy.
Serve on warm tortillas and load up with sour cream, salsa and guacamole, plus perhaps a little grated cheese if you wish.
The ingredients below will make enough to fill around 4-6 tortillas.
- 500g Chicken mini fillets Or chicken breast cut up
- 2-3 Peppers
- 1 Red Onion
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli powder / flakes Optional
- Tortillas, sour cream, salsa and guacamole, grated cheese Optional, to serve
- Lime juice and coriander Optional, to garnish
How to make One Dish Delicious Chicken Fajitas:
- Peel and slice the red onion and add to a baking dish.
- Slice the pepper and add in.
- Add in the chicken.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil and mix.
- Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and paprika.
- Add in salt and pepper
- Optionally add in some chili powder and/or chilli flakes to taste for an extra kick
- Bake at 200 degrees / 180 degrees (fan) for 25-30 minutes, ensuring the chicken is fully cooked through. Give everything a mix half way through.
- Optionally finish with a squeeze of lime juice and fresh coriander.
- Spoon into tortillas and top with sour cream, salsa, guacamole and cheese.