This vegetarian omelette is super simple and takes just minutes to make.
Just mix eggs with whatever veggies you have to hand – we used mushrooms and peppers – and pour into a hot, butter lined frying pan.
- Eggs 2
- 1/2 a pepper
- Mushroom 1
- Grated cheese
- Butter 1 tsp
How to make an simple veggie omelette:
- Beat two large eggs (or more) in a bowl, mug or jug.
- Chop up the mushroom, pepper and stir into the egg mixture. You could add a load of other/different veggies depending on what you have available, tomatoes, spinach, onions, etc.
- Stir in some grated cheese too, if you like.
- Add a knob of butter to a frying pan and heat on a high heat.
- Once butter is bubbling pour in the egg mix and allow to set for about 30 seconds.
- With a spatula go around the edge of the omelette and begin to pull it up off the bottom of the pan, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Once the eggs begin to firm up, fold it in half, or alternatively you can fold the sides into the middle.
- Then just continue frying until golden, the whole cooking process should take little more than 2-3 minutes!