This super quick microwave recipe will give you a tasty chicken curry quicker than you can even decide which takeaway to order from.
- Diced chicken breast or thigh A good handful
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tsp
- Half an onion
- Chopped tomatoes 200 g
- Curry paste 1 tbsp
- Coriander To serve
How to make microwave chicken curry:
- Start by peeling and finely dicing the onion.
- To a bowl, add butter and melt for 10-30 seconds into the microwave.
- Add in the onions and the oil and mix well. Return to the microwave for further 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cover with cling film and pierce some holes with a fork.
- Microwave on full power for 5-10 minutes until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes, curry paste and season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Microwave for a further 3-5 minutes, again with a pierced cling film cover.
- Remove and, allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Finish with chopped coriander (if available) before serving.
- Can eat alone or you can cook up some microwave rice alongside.