Combine bacon with Philadelphia cheese for this delicious student pasta recipe.
Add in mushrooms and tomatoes and this dish makes for an quick and easy dinner or lunch recipe.
You can also spice it up with some chopped chilli for an added kick.
This recipe is for one with the ingredients below but is trivial to scale to feed more!
- As much pasta as you would like
- Bacon 2 slices
- 1/2 tsp Easy garlic or 1 Garlic Clove
- Chilli to taste
- Egg yolks 1
- Mushrooms 4
- Philidelphia or other soft cheese 2 tbsps
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Bacon, Philli & mushroom pasta:
- Put the pasta in salted boiling water to cook per pack instructions.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and the Philadelphia with some salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Slice the mushrooms and cut bacon into rough pieces.
- Fry the bacon, chilli (if using) and mushrooms in a pan for about 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add to the pan. Cook for another minute.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot, off the heat.
- To the pasta, add the cheese and egg mixture and bacon mixture. Give everything a good mix and serve.