This mix Creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom pasta mix makes for a easy 20 minute meal.
Cook the pasta in one pot then whip up the chicken and bacon sauce in a pan before combing the two for an awesome dish.
- 400g chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- 5-10 mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 250ml cream
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Butter & oil (for cooking)
- 500g of pasta
How to make creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom pasta:
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring a full pot of water with 2-3 teaspoons of salt to the boil, and add pasta. Let the pasta cook while you make the sauce, check and stir with a fork every now and then.
- Dice x1clove of garlic. Cut up the chicken and bacon. Slice the mushrooms in half (if large) and then slice the halves evenly.
- In a large saucepan on a medium heat, heat a bit of oil and butter until the butter is melted.
- Add garlic and chicken to the saucepan, brown the chicken.
- Add bacon to the saucepan, it will cook pretty quick, stir it every so often. Once the bacon is almost cooked, add the mushrooms. Stir them into the chicken and bacon mix, when the mushrooms juice starts to come out, add the garlic stock to the juices and stir the whole mix.
- Let the mix cook for about 2-3 mins to make sure the juices get the flavour from the different ingredients, then pour in the cream, stir it in and stir it for the next 5-10 minutes, season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- The pasta should be ready, so strain that in a colander or a steamer pot.
- Add the strained pasta to the sauce in the large pot and stir it through.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.