An easy student pasta recipe: This veggie packed pasta bake requires no boiling and takes just five minutes to prep.
You can pack it full of whatever veg you want to really, but we used to courgettes and mushrooms.
The ingredients below will make a great dish for one person, multiply them (and use a bigger dish!) for more people.
- Pasta Two handfuls
- Tinned chopped tomatoes About half a can 200 g
- Mushroom 1 g
- Onion About a quarter 50 g
- Baby courgette If cooking for 3+ people, just use one big one 2
- Cheese Grated
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
How to make a vegetarian pasta bake
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/180 for fan ovens
- Peel and dice the onion. Slice up all your other fresh veg.
- In a pasta dish, add two handfuls of pasta per person and about half a tin/carton of chopped tomatoes. Mix together.
- Add in the veg and mix together.
- Sprinkle over oregano (if you’ve got it to hand) and mix in.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
- Give it a bit of a mix halfway through cooking.
- Optional: About 5-10 minutes before end of cooking, sprinkle over grated cheese on top.