A true cheap student meal: Here’s how to get more from your instant microwave super noodles.
This meal is cheap, filling, and perfect for a student on a tight budget.
- 1 Packet of instant noodles (any will work, from super noodles to 10p packets from Aldi)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Vegetables I usually use spinach and sweetcorn, but any vegetables can be added
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Egg 1
- A pinch of chili flakes or a few drops of Tabasco sauce. Optional
How to make super noodles more super:
- Add the noodles and the seasoning to a bowl of water and microwave for 90 seconds.
- While the noodles are cooking, use this time to dice the cloves of garlic.
- Once the 90 seconds is up, stir the noodley broth and cook for another 90 seconds.
- While the noodles are being softened, heat up a frying pan on the hob and melt the butter.
- Pan fry the garlic in the butter until the pieces are slightly browned.
- Drain the noodles once they are cooked and add them to the garlic butter.
- Add a few generous handfuls of vegetables to the noodles and keep stirring.
- Finally, crack an egg in the middle of the noodles and mix it in until the egg is fully cooked.
- Serve, and garnish with a few chili flakes or some splashes of Tabasco sauce.