Mix sugar and spices for these seriously moreish BBQ-style homemade fries.
This cheap student recipe can be prepared in advance with you able to freeze the chips to cook later.
You may want to adjust the spices to your taste, but these should be enough for about 2-3 large potatoes once cut into fries.
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Brown sugar 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Onion salt 1 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
How to make Sweet and spicy BBQ chips:
- Peel then slice the potatoes into fries
- For best results, boil in water over the hob for 3-5 minutes then drain well.
- In a sandwich bag (or a bowl), coat the chips in the tablespoon of oil.
- Add over the spices and shake/mix well so all of the fries are evenly coated.
- Line the fries on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 220/200 fan degrees for 15-20 minutes until crispy.