This yummy Chinese chicken meal is super cheap and ridiculously quick – who needs takeaways?
You can eat this alone or serve with noddles, as we did.
This recipe is for two people/servings.
- Chicken/turkey strips 300 g
- Peppers 1
- Red onion Half
- Ketchup 1 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Chinese five spice 1 tsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Ground ginger Just a pinch
- Noodles To serve. Optional.
How to make Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
- In a bowl mix the spices, ketchup, soy sauce and honey.
- Slice up the onions and pepper so everything is ready.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan or wok over a high heat and cook the veg for a few minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cook until it begins to brown.
- Add in the sauce and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for a further few minutes, stirring always.
- If using, add straight to wok noodles.
- Cok for a final few minutes, allowing the sauce to become sticky and cling to the meat and veg.