Super Easy Healthy Veggie Chilli makes for a very quick meal and is a great meat-free alternative.
This lot here makes for 6-8 servings and can be eaten on its own, with pasta, rice, potatoes, nachos, toast or whatever else tickles your pickle. It also makes a great alternative to Quron mince for vegetarian tacos.
This recipe uses a ready made spice mix which are pretty cheap in most supermarkets and great if you’re lazy, but you can season it yourself to taste with the spices given.
If you don’t get it all in the one sitting, keep it refrigerated and it’ll keep for a good few days.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 peppers
- 1 sachet of chilli con carne mix Mix of salt, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder and oregano
- 1 400g can of kidney beans
- 1 or 2 400g cans of chopped tomatoes (depending on desired consistency)
How to make Super Easy Healthy Veggie Chilli:
- Chop up the peppers and onion – either diced for a smooth chilli, or into larger chunks if you prefer chunky chilli.
- Add a few sprays of FryLight (or oil) to a wok or frying pan and heat.
- Add the onion and peppers, and cook until softened.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and spice.
- If you don’t have a ready made spice mix, you can season to taste with a mix of salt, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder and oregano.
- Cook for 15 mins, or until the chilli thickened and the ingredients are soft.
- Serve with rice, tacos, nachos, salad or whatever you fancy.