5 A Day Vegetable Vegan Stir Fry Recipe
This 5 a day vegetable stir fry recipe for students can be cooked up in just a few minutes.
This healthy vegetarian stir fry dish can give you your whole five a day from just the one meal.
Best of all, this student recipe takes less than ten minutes to cook up.
Plus, it’s also fully vegan!
You can use all sorts of veg depending on what we have to hand.
We used courgette, mushrooms, carrots, baby corn, peppers, red onion and cabbage. You could use pretty much any veg you have that may need using up, such as sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
To make 1 serving
- Various VegWe used courgette, mushrooms, carrots, baby corn, peppers, red onion and cabbage
- Ground ginger 1 tsp
- Rice noodles
- Sesame oil 1 tsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsps
- Hoisin sauce 2 tbsps
How to make a healthy 5 a day vegetable vegan stir fry
- Chop up all your veg into thin slices or narrow strips.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a wok/large frying pan over a high heat.
- Chuck in the ground ginger with all the veg and stir-fry for a couple of minutes
- Add in a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of each the soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Stir through and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in the noddles, the other tablespoon of soy sauce and hoisin sauce and continue to stir fry for a final 2-3 minutes
- Spoon in a bowl and eat!