5 Ingredient Chicken Mozzarella Pasta Bake
This is a trivial and foolproof chicken pasta bake recipe that it’s almost impossible to get wrong.
The ingredients below will make for quite the pasta bake which should serve up to eight people.
To make 8 servings
- 400g diced chicken
- 300g pasta
- grated mozzarella
- 400g basil tomato sauce
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
How to make delicious Chicken Mozzarella Pasta Bake recipe:
- In a little oil, fry the chicken until golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta per pack instructions.
- Add the pasta sauce to the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and mix into the chicken, stir well.
- Add half the pasta mix to a baking dish. Top with grated mozzarella.
- Add the remaining chicken pasta mix and top with more grated mozzarella
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees fan / 200 degrees until top is bubbling and golden.
Make it better
Use Fresh Tomatoes
For a fresher, more vibrant sauce, consider making your tomato sauce from scratch using fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions and herbs.
Incorporate More Vegetables
Vegetables can add both nutrition and colour to your pasta bake. Spinach, mushrooms, courgette and cherry tomatoes are excellent choices that blend well with the existing flavours.
Don’t be afraid to play with the seasoning. Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, or a dash of smoked paprika can enhance the dish’s overall flavour profile.
Garnishing with fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, or oregano adds a burst of flavour and colour just before serving. Consider adding these herbs into the bake in the last few minutes of cooking for an aromatic boost.
For a crispy topping, sprinkle a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese over the top before baking. This adds a delightful crunch that contrasts well with the creamy pasta beneath.