Chilli and Black Pepper Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe
Chilli and black pepper roasted sweet potato: Simple, healthy and only requiring 4 ingredients – what’s not to like?!
Unlike regular roast potatoes, sweet potatoes can be put straight in the oven without being part boiled.
To make 1 serving
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of oil
How to make Chilli and black pepper roasted sweet potato:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- While the oven is heating up, cut the sweet potato into bite sized chunks. 2x2cm pieces will take around 25-40 minutes to roast.
- Make a simple oil coating by mixing the chilli flakes, pepper and oil in a small roasting tin.
- Tip in the sweet potato chunks and shake until the chunks are evenly coated.
- Pop the roasting tin in the oven and roast for around 25-40 minutes. 25 minutes will soften the potatoes; however for a little extra texture leave them to roast slightly longer.
- Gently shake the roasting tin every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.