Garlic Vegetable Pasta Bake With Crumb Topping Recipe
This garlic and vegetable pasta bake makes for a super easy dinner.
Making use of plenty of veg and tinned cupboard staples, this is a recipe that’s both simple to make and cheap. You can use this recipe to take advantage of whatever vegetables you have to hand.
You can also make this recipe vegan by swapping the butter for a vegan alternative.
The recipe below will make for four-six servings.
To make 4 servings
- 300g pasta
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- Various vegetables, chopped E.g. Peppers, mushrooms, courgette, aubergine, etc.
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoesCould swap for passata
- Salt, pepper, dried mixed herbsOr other seasoning to taste
- 3 tablespoons butterOr swap for Vegan alternative
How to make Garlic & Vegetable Bake:
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the diced onion for a few minutes until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add 2 cloves of the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add in the other vegetables you are using, chopped – peppers, mushrooms, courgette and aubergine all work great.
- Fry the vegetables, stirring regularly for 5-10 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in the tinned chopped tomatoes or passata. Season to taste with salt & pepper plus around two teaspoons of mixed herbs.
- Stir everything together well and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per packet instructions in lightly salted boiling water and drain.
- Combine the cooked pasta and stir into the sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan on the hob.
- Add in the garlic and breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Add over the top of the pasta.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 or so minutes until top is golden.