Indulgent brownie strawberry trifle recipe
This is one hell of a dessert recipe that is seriously yum, rather impressive but all too easy to make.
The brownie strawberry trifle will feed many and we’ve based this recipe on one from The Cookin’ Chicks, adjusted for what’s available in the UK.
We’ve not been able to find a direct British equvilient of cool whip so instead used Birdseye’s Dream Topping (sometimes called Dream Whip) which is somewhat similar
To make 1 serving
- Dream topping mix 3 3x packets
- Semi-skimmed milk 150 ml
- 'Squirty cream'
- ChocolateOnly a handful
How to make brownie and strawberry trifle:
- Acquire some brownies. We used some shop brought ones but you can make your own!
- Make up some dream topping. You can find the sachets along with jelly and stuff in the Desserts isle of the supermarket. We used 3 sachets to 150ML of milk to make quite a thick mixture. You can vary this ratio depending how thick/thin you want it to be.
- Slice up a load of strawberries.
- Begin making the trifle: Layer the brownies at bottom, top with dream topping and add a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Repeat if you want (and have the ingredients to spare!)
- If you’re not eating now then place in the fridge at this point until you want it.
- When ready to serve, complete the trifle with some whipped/squirty cream. Don’t do this until about to serve else the cream will turn all watery.
- Finish the top off by grating over some chocolate.