Jaffa cake tray bake recipe
This recipe takes jaffa cakes to the extreme with a giant, tray bake jaffa cake.
The ingredients below will make anywhere from 8-16 servings, depending on how you cut it all up.
You can of course reduce the amounts for a smaller serving!
Why not also try our Jaffa Cake Cupcakes Recipe?
To make 14 servings
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Self raising flour
- 200g Softened butter
- 200g Caster sugar
- 2x Orange jelly packets (135g)
- 500g Chocolate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to make a jaffa cake tray bake
- Start by making up the jelly with two packets (break up the pieces) to 1/2 pint of boiling water in a jug, not per pack instructions.
- Place the jug in the fridge to begin to set.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs briefly with a fork or whisk in a bowl.
- Add in the sugar, flour, butter, baking powder and vanilla.
- Mix together into a runny, lump-free batter.
- Add to a greased/butter baking tray and cook at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden. A skewer through the middle should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to fully cool.
- Keep checking on the jelly until it’s half set, about the consistency of thick porridge. This may take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Pour the half-set jelly over the cake base and spread out with a knife into a thin layer. Return the whole tray to the fridge to allow the jelly to fully set.
- Once the jelly is fully set, melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave and pour over. Spread a think layer over the whole cake.
- Return to the fridge one final time until chocolate has hardened.
- Cut up and serve!