One pan pepperoni pizza pasta bake recipe
Combine pizza with pasta for a pepperoni pizza pasta bake that takes just 30 minutes.
You’ll want a large, oven proof pan for this pastabake recipe and some tasty pizza sauce, available in most supermarkets.
The ingredients here will serve anywhere from 5 to 8 people.
To make 1 serving
- Pasta 500 g
- Water 400 ml
- Pepperoni slices
- 1 tin choped tomatoes 400 g
- Pizza sauce/topper 200 g
- Grated cheeseChedder and mozzarella
How to make pepperoni pizza pasta bake
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, add the tinned tomatoes, pizza sauce and most of the pepperoni slices (keep a handful back for later)
- Mix together and warm through for 5 minutes.
- Add in 400ml of water and 500g of pasta and mix well. Turn up the heat to bring the mixture to the boil and cook until the pasta is just cooked (al dente), which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Add in handful of grated cheese and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with more grated cheese and the remaining pepperoni slices.
- Place the whole pan in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 or so minutes until the top later of cheese has melted.
This Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake recipe is a creative fusion that combines the heartiness of pasta with the beloved flavors of pepperoni pizza. Here are some suggestions to elevate this dish or to add your personal twist:
Make it even better
- Use a mix of cheeses: To mimic the rich, gooey texture of pizza, consider using a mix of mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheeses. Mozzarella will give you the stretch, cheddar adds depth of flavour, and Parmesan will bring a sharp, salty note.
- Include more pizza toppings: Think about what you enjoy on your pizza and add it to the pasta bake. Options like diced bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, or even some crumbled sausage can add extra flavours and textures.
- Herb it up: Add dried Italian herbs (such as oregano, basil, and thyme) to the tomato and pizza sauce mixture for an enhanced aroma and taste that mirrors classic pizza seasoning.
- Homemade pizza sauce: If you have the time, making your own pizza sauce can elevate the dish. Simmer crushed tomatoes with garlic, herbs, and a pinch of sugar to taste. Homemade sauce can be richer and more flavourful than store-bought versions.
- Layer the ingredients: For a more pizza-like experience, layer half the pasta and cheese mixture, then add a layer of pepperoni and any other toppings you like before adding the rest of the pasta and topping it off with more cheese and pepperoni.
- Add a breadcrumb topping: Mix some breadcrumbs with melted butter and Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle over the top before baking. This will add a crunchy texture to your pasta bake, reminiscent of a crispy pizza crust.
- Make it vegetarian: For a vegetarian version, replace the pepperoni with vegetarian pepperoni slices or other vegetarian toppings like marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, or roasted vegetables.