One pan Full English Fry Up For One
Cook up a Full English Fry Up easily and quickly with this super simple breakfast recipe.
You’ll only need the one (quite big) frying pan to cook up this breakfast dish making it very handy.
Plus, if you master the technique you can knock the whole thing out in just 15 minutes.
To make 1 serving
- Sausages 2
- Egg 1
- Bacon 2 slices
- Bread 1 slice
- Mushrooms 4
- Tomato 1
- Baked beans 2 tbsps
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tsp
How to make one pan fry up:
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan in a medium heat
- Meanwhile, prepare everything! Half the tomato, slice up the mushrooms, butter BOTH sides of the bread and cut in two.
- Add in the mushrooms and sausages to the pan. Keep moving until sausages are lightly golden all over, but they shouldn’t be fully cooked yet.
- Move the mushrooms to the edge and the sausages to one side in the pan and add in the bacon. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Keep turning the sausages around all the time so they brown all over.
- Move the bacon aside and then fry the buttered bread on each side for 1 minute or so.
- Make some more space by overlapping the bread and bacon and in the middle of pan (or wherever you have space) crack an egg.
- When egg is close to set, find some free space to fry the tomato either side for 1 minute too and add in the beans. They’ll only need 30 seconds to a minute to heat up.
Make it even better:
- Vary the ingredients based on preference: The Full English Fry Up is versatile. Feel free to add or substitute ingredients based on dietary preferences or what you have available. For example, you could include black pudding, hash browns, or swap the traditional pork sausage for a vegetarian alternative.
- Consider the egg: If you prefer scrambled eggs, you can whisk the egg in a bowl and pour it into the pan, stirring gently until set. This can be a quicker option if you’re struggling to find space for a fried egg.
- Season as you go: Don’t forget to season your ingredients as they cook. A little salt and pepper can elevate the flavours of your mushrooms, tomatoes, and eggs.
- Serve with garnishes: Enhance the final dish with some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives, and offer sauces such as ketchup, brown sauce, or hot sauce on the side for added flavour.