Simple Pasta Sauce Recipe
Here’s how to make a simple but perfect homemade tomato pasta sauce with a super quick and easy student recipe.
With makers of ready made pasta sauces suggesting limiting eating their products due to high salt, sugar or fat content, making your own healthier versions has never been a better idea.
Oh, and you’ll find them much cheaper too!
Here’s our very basic tomato pasta sauce recipe, which you can eat straight away or store in the fridge for later. It’ll last for a good few days to a week.
To make 1 serving
- 1 tin chopped tomatoesCould swap for passata
- 2 cloves garlicMore or less to taste
- 1/2 chopped chilli (optional)More or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Tomato puree
Simple pasta sauce student recipe
- In a frying heat a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Gently fry chopped onion and garlic for a minute or two.
- For a chilli sauce, add some chopped chilli.
- You can add lots of other veg if you want, such as sliced mushrooms, chopped peppers or courgette, etc. or just leave it really simple.
- Stir in a teaspoon of tomato puree.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and season with a little salt, pepper and about a teaspoon of mixed dried herbs to taste. Dried herbs consist of basil, oregano, rosemary, sage and thyme.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 or so minutes and then it’s ready!
- For an even spicier sauce, why not try adding some chilli flakes or cayenne pepper?