Strawberry and chicken salad recipe
A healthy summery salad with chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese and strawberries.
This salad recipe is fully loaded and super tasty but best of all, takes just minutes to prepare.
It goes great with an Apple Vinaigrette dressing, although unfortunately the only high street supermarket we can seem to find this is Waitrose at the rather costly price of £3 a bottle. Although it is REALLY nice.
Alternatively you could make your own if you’ve got the time and patience.
To make 1 serving
- Red onion
- Salad leaves
- Blue cheese
How to make tasty strawberry and chicken salad:
- Cook one or two slices of bacon under the grill for a good 5-10 minutes each side until it’s VERY crispy.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice up the red onion, and shred and cut the cooked chicken (if not already).
- Half, de-stone and peel the avocado. Cut into rough cubes. You’ll want a small avocado or half of a large one for a single serving.
- De-stalk and half a handful of strawberries.
- Add the salad leaves to a bowl and add on the onion, avocado and chicken.
- When the bacon is cooked, pat dry with a kitchen towel and crumble over the salad
- Add on the sliced strawberries.
- Finish with some crumbled blue cheese over the top, if you like it.
Tips for Enhancing Your Salad
- Toasted Nuts: Add a crunchy texture to the salad by sprinkling over some toasted walnuts or pecans. Their nutty flavour complements the blue cheese and strawberries perfectly.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle some chopped fresh basil, mint, or tarragon over the salad before serving. These herbs add a burst of freshness and can tie all the flavours together beautifully.
- Cheese Variations: While blue cheese is a classic choice, you can also experiment with feta or goat cheese for a different flavour profile. Both cheeses pair well with the sweet and savoury components of the salad.
- Balsamic Glaze Drizzle: For an extra layer of sweetness and tang, drizzle some balsamic glaze over the salad just before serving. It complements the strawberries and adds a visually appealing finish.
- Serve with a Crunch: Accompany the salad with a side of crusty bread or croutons for added texture and to soak up the delicious dressing.