Strawberry and jelly flan recipe
A brilliantly easy summer dessert recipe – serve with plenty of cream!
You can really make this flan with any fruit, just match the jelly to compliment it.
As for the flan casing, you can pick these up for just a few pence in the supermarkets or make your own with some eggs, flour and sugar, however it’s not trivial and takes a bit of time.
When it comes to serving, this goes great with some whipped or ‘squirty’ cream especially on a warm summer’s day.
To make 1 serving
- Flan case
- Strawberry jelly
- Strawberry jam
How to make strawberry flan:
- If making the flan case yourself, get started on that first.
- Make the jelly per pack instructions and place in the fridge for around 30 minutes to one hour. You want the jelly to be just set enough so that it’s not liquid but still pourable.
- Meanwhile, spread the flan case with a thin layer of jam.
- With the strawberries, de-stalk then cut in half.
- (Pictured below) Layer on the fruit onto the flan casing.
- Pour over the half-set jelly
- Cover (e.g. with cling film) and return to the fridge to let the jelly to set fully. Keep in the fridge until the flan has been eaten!