Vegan Bean and Veggie Burrito Rice Recipe
This one pan meal makes for a simple and easy Vegan recipe: Perfect for Veganuary!
Combine mixed beans with a variety of vegetables for a delicious rice dish.
The ingredients for the recipe below will make for a good 4 servings which you can eat on its own or wrap up for to make a burrito. Optionally add toppings such as guacamole or vegan cheese.
You can pick up ready to use packs of taco seasoning from most supermarkets or make your own to taste with a mix of herbs like this one.
To make 4 servings
- 1 large packet Microwave/Quick cook rice
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tin mixed mexican beans, drained400g tin
- 1 tin sweetcorn, drainedOr frozen
- 4 tomatoes
- Tortilla wrapsOptional
How to make Vegan Bean and Veggie Burrito Rice:
- Start with some basic prep: Peel and roughly dice the onion. De-seed and chop the peppers. Chop up the tomatoes.
- Heat a little olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add in the onion, peppers and half the taco seasoning. Fry for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in the mixed Mexican beans (drained), chopped tomatoes and sweetcorn (drained) and mix well.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of water and mix again. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the quick cook (microwave) rice and mix together. Stir in the remainder of the taco seasoning.
- Cook until the rice has adsorbed all the water and has softened.
- Serve on its own in a bowl or spoon the mix down tortillas and top with your choice of toppings: For example, guacamole, salsa or vegan cheese to taste.
- Roll up burrito style and enjoy!