These delicious spicy Cajun chicken burgers are perfect for summer.
Of course they’re tasty any time of the year and super easy to make.
You can use a packet Cajun seasoning or use the mix below to make your own.
- Burger bun
- Chicken breast
- Cajun seasoning See recipe below
- Bacon Optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
How to make these Cajun Chicken and Bacon Burgers:
- Rub the chicken in the olive oil and rub with the cajun seasoning
For the cajun seasoning, you can buy a packet or pot or mix together 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp garlic powder, 3 tsp paprika, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp thyme, and add red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Alternatively you can cook on the BBQ but make sure it’s all cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon (if using) under the grill and also toast the bun alongside.
- Once everything is ready, make up the burger: On the bottom half of the bun, layer on mayo, lettuce and tomato slices. Top with the chicken, bacon and other half of the bun.
- You can add other toppings as you wish, such as sliced avocado which goes really well with the chicken and bacon.