This yummy crispy and sticky Chinese chicken recipe will make you never want to have plain old chicken again!
You can use most parts of the chicken for this, skin on thighs and drumsticks are the best.
- Chicken thighs and/or drumsticks 4
- Hoisin sauce 2 tbsps
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Chinese five spice 1 tsp
How to make crispy Chinese chicken:
- Mix together everything, minus the chicken, to make the sauce.
- You may want to adjust the amounts of ingredients to taste.
- In a big bowl, coat the chicken in the sauce and – if you’ve the time – leave to marinade for a few hours.
- Cook in the oven on 220 degrees (200 fan) for 35-45 minutes until chicken juices run clear.
- Alternatively, this makes a great recipe for the summer BBQ.