This yummy crispy and sticky Chinese chicken recipe will make you never want to have plain old chicken again!
While you can use most parts of the chicken for this, skin on thighs and drumsticks are the best.
The below list of ingredients will make a delicious marinade for around 800g-1KG of raw chicken.
- Chicken thighs and/or drumsticks Skin-on 4
- Hoisin sauce 2 tbsps
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar 1 tbsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Chinese five spice 1 tsp
How to make crispy Chinese chicken:
- Mix together everything, minus the chicken, to make the sauce.
- You may wish to adjust the amounts of ingredients to taste.
- In a big bowl, coat the chicken in the sauce and – if you’ve the time – leave to marinade for a few hours.
- Fry all over in a little oil on a high heat for a 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Cook in the oven on 220 degrees (200 fan) for 35-45 minutes until chicken juices run clear.
- Alternatively, this makes a great recipe for the summer BBQ.