Hot and sour beef kebab skewers – this is a great recipe for the BBQ this summer!
You’ll never look at a donner again once you’ve tried this home-made marvel, that’s perfect for the BBQ or can be cooked indoors under the grill.
This recipe makes two large skewers
- Red onion, quartered 1
- Red pepper, cut into small square pieces 1
- Diced beef
- Garlic cloves, crushed 2
- Lemon 1
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp
How to make Hot and sour beef kebabs:
- Create a marinade by mixing the crushed garlic, chilli flakes and lemon juice. Add the lemon skins to the marinade for extra flavour. Keep a wedge aside for seasoning once the kebabs are cooked.
- Add the beef to the marinade, mix well and allow to infuse for anything from 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Thread the beef, onion and pepper onto kebab skewers and allow them to reach room temperature. This will ensure the beef stays tender.
- Pop under a hot grill (190C) for around 10-15 minutes. Watch the kebabs carefully and turn occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with rice, salad or sweet potato chips.