Whip up your own baked BBQ chicken fajitas with this seriously delicious recipe.
This one-pan dish will make a super tasty filling to be combined with warmed tortillas, fresh sour cream, grated cheese, salsa or your own favourite fajita toppings.
As a rough guide, the below ingredients and recipe will make for a good 4-6 servings.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Peppers, deseed and sliced
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Seasoning - see below
- Tortilla wraps, to serve
- Grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc. to serve
How to make one-pan oven baked BBQ fajitas:
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees / 170 degrees for fan ovens.
- Slice up the chicken breasts into small strips and add to a big baking dish.
- Peel and slice up the onion. Deseed and slice up the peppers. Add to the chicken.
- Coat the chicken and vegetables in a teaspoon of oil (or use a few sprays of cooking spray).
- Season! You can cheat and use a ready-made fajita spice mix or season yourself with (adjust to taste): 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper. You could optionally add some chilli powder or chilli flakes to taste for an extra kick.
- Mix everything until the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and add in around 4 tablespoons of BBQ sauce until everything is nicely coated.
- Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Serve with warm tortillas and your favourite fajita toppings (e.g. sour cream, grated cheese, salsa).