These warm BBQ wraps are a great way to make use of leftover chicken and come with a homemade sauce.
Of course, they’re so delicious that they’re worth cooking up some chicken (or buying some ready cooked) anyway.
As for the tomato-based BBQ sauce, thanks go to this recipe which we’ve based the below recipe on.
The ingredients below should make for a good four very packed wraps.
- Tortilla wraps 4
- 1 large onion
- 400ml passata
- 4 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Tin of sweetcorn
- 1 red pepper
- Cooked chicken About 500g
How to make these BBQ chicken wraps:
- Peel and dice up an onion and add to frying pan.
- Cook for 5 or so minutes over a low heat until softened.
- To the pan, add 400ml of passata (You could also use chopped tomatoes if that’s all you have).
- Add around 1 tablespoon of paprika, 4 tablespoons of honey, 4 tablespoons of tomato puree and 3 tablespoons of cider or balsamic vinegar.
- Mix it altogether.
- Mix in a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the mix to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- While that simmers away, chop up the pepper and drain the tin of sweetcorn.
- Add them into the mix and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in cooked chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Fork the mixture into wraps.
- Fold up and eat!