This cheesy ham egg in a hole recipe makes for a super easy breakfast or brunch.
Although given how quick and tasty it is, there’s no real reason not to make it for any meal of the day.
This recipe will take around 15 minutes and the numbers below will make for the single serving.
- 1 slice of bread
- Slices of ham
- Handful of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chives (Optional, to serve)
How to make the cheese & ham egg in the hole:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the centre of each slice of bread. You could either use a biscuit cutter or simply push the top of a glass into the bread and forcefully turn.
- Butter the edges of the now holed-bread.
- Place a baking sheet on a baking tray or grease with a little oil/cooking spray.
- Place the slices of bread on the baking tray.
- Push slices of ham into the centre of the hole and carefully crack an egg on top.
- Sprinkle over some grated cheese and season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Ever so carefully put into the oven. Bake for around 10-15 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Optionally finish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped chives.