Whip up a batch of American Style pancakes with this easy recipe that has an added crunch, perfect for breakfast!
- Plain flour 140 g
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Dash of salt
- Sugar 7 tsps
- Milk 130 ml
- Large egg 1
- A handful of cheerios (depending on how much crunch you want add 30-70g of cheerios, or as much as you like)
- Butter for cooking
How to make American style pancakes… with Cheerios!
- Sift the flour, into a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and caster sugar.
- Into a jug, whisk together the milk and egg.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat it until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the cheerios to the mixture and mix it all together
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter and cook. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Once cooked, turn the pancake onto a plate and add butter and maple syrup, or whatever toppings you desire.