This simple mushroom omelette recipe is a quick and easy meal.
Requiring just the five basic ingredients, this omelette requires just 10 minutes to prep and cook.
The ingredients and recipe below will make for the one mushroom omelette.
- 2 Eggs
- A little olive oil
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Seasoning Salt, pepper, fresh chives, parsley, etc.
- Cheese (optional)
How to make a simple mushroom omelette
- Start by chopping the mushrooms.
- In a bowl or jug, crack in the eggs and mix together. Season with salt, pepper and any chopped fresh herbs you like such as chives and parsley.
- Heat a little olive oil over a medium heat and add the mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fry for a few minutes until the mushrooms begin to colour, soften and reduce in size.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to the frying pan and allow it to melt.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix it in with the mushrooms before leave to settle for about 30 seconds.
- With a spatula or spoon, pull back the edges to allow any uncooked egg to run off.
- Continuing cooking for a further couple of minutes. If you want to add some cheese, add it now!
- Once the centre is no longer liquid but still a bit wet, carefully fold in half into a semi-circle.
- Continue cooking on both sides for a final 30 seconds.