Pancake day may be long gone but there’s no reason not to serve up some delicious pancakes anyway! Here’s our fool proof guide to making some quick, easy and tasty pancakes.
- Flour White, all purpose 120 g
- Baking powder 1 tsps
- Salt 5 g
- Milk 250 ml
- Egg One, separated 1
- White sugar Optional 1 tbsp
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together until well-blended.
- Add milk and mix well until smooth.
- Separate eggs, placing the whites in a medium bowl and the yolks in the batter. Mix well.
- Beat whites until stiff and then fold into batter gently (skip this step for heavier pancakes or if 1 cup buttermilk is substituted for milk).
- Pour ladles of the mixture into a non-stick pan, one at a time.
- Cook until the edges are dry and bubbles appear on surface. Turn; cook until golden. Yields 12 to 14 pancakes.