A fast and simple meal at breakfast or any time of the day: Get your protein fix with this special scrambled egg recipe.
Combine handfuls of fresh (or frozen) veg with spicy chorizo to take scrambled egg up to a whole new level.
There are a number of vegetables you can use for this dish depending on what you have to hand, there are a few suggestions below.
The recipe here will make for the one serving.
- 2-3 Eggs
- 2 Mushrooms Could swap for red pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tomato (optional) or 3 cherry tomatoes
- Spinach (optional)
How to make scrambled egg with mushrooms and chorizo:
- Note: If you’re using frozen ingredients allow longer cooking times
- If not already slice up the mushrooms and roughly dice the chorizo and onion. If using, also chop up the tomato and spinach.
- Meanwhile, whisk/mix together the eggs in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and add the chorizo, onions and mushrooms. Fry for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- If using, add in the tomatoes and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, folding/stirring everything together continuously
- Once the eggs have fully set and cooked through, it’s ready!
- Season to taste and serve either on its own or with toast.