Have a burger breakfast anytime you want with this super quick, delicious recipe that uses only one pan.
This recipe is easiest with ready-made sausage burgers but if you don’t have them you can easily make your own using the instructions below!
- Muffin 1
- Sausage burger (or sausages/sausage meat) Find with sausages/bacon in shops 1
- Cheese slice 1
- Egg 1
- Oil 1 tsp
How to make breakfast burger:
- Make your own burgers by forming around 75-100 grams of sausage meat into a burger shape. Alternatively you can just buy some sausages; split the skin and squeeze the meat into a bowl. Around 2 sausages will get 1 burger. Season well and optionally add some herbs (e.g. sage, parsley).
- Pre-heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the burger over a medium heat until fully cooked through, flipping halfway. It shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, slice the muffin in two (if it’s not already).
- Once burger is done remove from heat and put to side. Toast the muffin parts on one side for a minute or so until golden and crisp.
- Crack and fry the egg in the same pan.
- If you’ve got a big enough pan you can actually do all of the above at once.
- Now it’s just a case of putting it all together. Layering the bottom of the muffin, cheese, burger, egg and top of muffin.
- Squish the burger together and enjoy!