If you’re in a rush this full English breakfast toastie is just the ticket: Bacon, egg and mushrooms in a fried bread sandwich.
- Bread 2 slices
- Bacon 2 slices
- Egg 1
- Tomato 1
How to make the ultimate breakfast toastie:
- Dry fry (or grill) the bacon until crisp then set aside.
- Fry the egg over a medium heat until cooked then set aside.
- Slice up the tomato
- OPTIONAL: Slice and fry the mushrooms here too!
- Butter the bread and one slice, place on the tomato slices.
- Add on the bacon, egg, mushrooms and even cheese if you want.
- Top with the other slice of bread
- Melt a teaspoon or so of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry on both sides until golden.
- For the ultimate toastie, after frying on one side, remove the toastie and set aside, melt some more butter in the frying pan, then fry the other side.