Forget the fry up and instead tuck into this glorious healthy breakfast with salmon, spinach and poached egg.
Top onto crunchy wholemeal toast spread with soft cheese for a delicious and easy breakfast.
And this is a great recipe too cook up for lunch or a light dinner as well.
You can poach the eggs per the instructions below or use our easy poached eggs method here.
- Smoked salmon Ready to eat
- Wholemeal toast
- Low fat sour cream cheese
- Chives Optional
How to make Low fat Salmon, spinach and poached egg breakfast:
- Bring a pan of water to boil and add in the spinach. Cook for a minute until wilted and remove with a slotted spoon or fork
- Keep the water on the boil and gently create a whirlwind by stirring water in continuous circles for 1-2 minutes
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and then slip into the spinning water and leave for it 5 minutes to poach
- Meanwhile, pop the bread in the toaster.
- Spread the cream cheese over the toast and then layer the spinach.
- Next, put a layer of smoked salmon and finally place the two poached eggs on top.
- Sprinkle chives and black pepper on top if you would like!