This ultimate cheese and onion omelette recipe comes complete with a melting Mozzarella core.
And best of all you can whip it up in a frying pan in a matter of minutes from just a handful of ingredients.
The ingredients and recipe below will yield one omelette.
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Butter
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Red onion
How to make a melting Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese and onion omelette
- Peel and dice up the onions.
- In a bowl or jug, crack in the eggs and mix together with the onions and grated cheese.
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat until its bubbling.
- Pour in the egg mixture and tilt the pan to spread evenly. Leave alone to cook for about 30 seconds to a minute until it begins to set at the edges.
- With a spatula or spoon, go around the edge of the omelette and begin to pull it up off the bottom of the pan, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Continue to cook until the centre begins to firm up then place the mozzarella on one half of the omelette.
- Cook for a further minute before gently folding in half with a spatula to form a semi-circle.
- Continue cooking over a low heat until the eggs are fully cooked and set and the cheese is melted.