Here’s how to make perfect poached eggs in the microwave in just one minute.
It really couldn’t be easier and so it’s perfect if you’ve trouble using the traditional method in a pot over the hob.
Alongside the egg and microwave you’ll need a mug, a small bowl and something to cover the mug with such as a plate.
Once you’ve that, it’s just one minute to a perfect poached egg in the microwave…
How to make perfect poached eggs in the microwave:
- Crack the egg into the bowl.
- Fill the mug halfway with water.
- Carefully tip the egg from the bowl into the mug with the water.
- Cover the mug and microwave for 1 minute.
- With oven gloves or a towel (it’ll be hot!) remove the mug and check the egg white is firm. If not, continue to cook for a further 5-10 seconds until it is.
- Use a fork or slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water and serve.
- You can increase/decrease the cooking time for a harder/softer egg as you see fit.