This Ham, Cheese and Tomato Omelette makes for a quick and easy meal.
You can whip it up in a frying pan in a matter of minutes to make for a quick and easy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The ingredients and recipe below will make for the one omelette.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ham Or other cooked meat
- 1 Tomato
- Grated cheese
How to make a Ham, Cheese and Tomato omelette
- Dice up the tomato and chop up the ham. You can use any other cooked meat.
- In a bowl or jug, crack in the eggs and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over a medium-low heat until it starts to bubble.
- Pour in the egg and tilt the pan to spread the mixture evenly. Leave alone to cook for about 30 seconds to a minute until it begins to set at the edges.
- With a spatula or spoon, lift up the edges of the omelette, allowing uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Continue to cook until the centre begins to firm up then sprinkle over the chopped ham, cheese and diced tomato.
- Cook for a further minute before gently folding in half with a spatula to form a semi-circle.
- Continue cooking over a low heat until the eggs are fully cooked and set and the cheese is melted.
- Tip or use a spatula to lift onto a plate to serve.