This veggie packed Omelette recipe is a great way to start your day, or finish it!
This quick eat takes less than 10 minutes and is a great way to use up leftover vegetables.
The ingredients and easy recipe below will make for the one vegetable omelette.
- 3 Eggs
- Cheese Grated
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 Red onion
- 1 Tomato
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp butter
How to make the ultimate veggie omelette recipe
- Start by preparing your vegetables: Peel and dice up the onion, deseed and chop up the pepper. Chop up the tomato and spinach.
- In a bowl or jug, crack in the eggs and mix together.
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan over a medium-low heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and leave to settle for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pull back the edges with a spoon or spatula to allow the uncooked egg to run off.
- After about a minute, while the centre is still somewhat runny, scatter over the onion, pepper, tomato, spinach and cheese.
- After a further two minutes, flip the whole thing and cook for one last minute or so seconds before serving.
- Don’t want to risk a flip? Instead, place the entire pan under the grill to cook the top (make sure your pan is oven proof!)