These veggie scrambled eggs are a perfect filling and healthy meal for Breakfast.
They’re also super quick and and a great way to use up leftover veg that would otherwise go to waste. We used red peppers, red onion and mushrooms.
Other vegetables to use could include tomato, courgette or even Brussels sprouts.
You can serve this veggie scrambled egg recipe on its own or with a slice of buttered toast. You could also add some sliced avocado.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Vegetables We used red peppers, red onion and mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper To serve
How to make veggie scrambled eggs:
- Start by roughly chopping up the veg you’re using. Peel any onions and deseed any peppers.
- Heat around 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the veg for 5-10 minutes until they begin to soften
- Meanwhile, break two eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat until bubbling. You could cook the eggs in the same pan as the vegetables, but we find it better to prepare them separately to get the eggs deliciously buttery – it’s worth the extra washing up!
- Pour in the eggs and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon continuously until solids begin to form.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until any egg liquid has gone.
- Remove from the heat completely and continue to stir for another minute or two until the eggs are fully cooked through.
- If cooking separately, stir the cooked vegetables into the egg.
- Plate up and season to taste with salt and pepper (Could add some chilli flakes for an extra kick)