Who said burgers weren’t healthy? Still get your burger on with this tasty cheese burger salad.
You can grab some ready made burgers from the shops or butcher, or you can easily make your own burgers with just a trio of ingredients.
- Red onion
- Grated cheese
- Burger sauce Or other sauces
- Burger bun optional
How to make easy cheese burger salad
- Cook the burger under the grill for around 6 or so minutes each side.
- Optionally, toast a burger bun under the grill for a minute or so until crisp.
- Allow to cool
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, pile in handfuls of lettuce.
- Add in slices of red onion and a chopped up or sliced tomato.
- Chop the burger and bun (if using) into small cubes and add on top.
- Sprinkle over your favourite grated cheese.
- Finish off with some burger sauce, or other dressing (or you can leave it plain)
- For home made burger sauce: Mix 1 tablespoon of mayo, 1/2 tablespoon of ketchup, 1/4 tablespoon of yellow mustard, 1 teaspoon each of minced onion and garlic, splash of white vinegar, salt and pepper.