Ditch buns for this tomato based substitute, making for tasty breadless burgers!
For a vegetarian version of the recipe, swap out the burgers for large portobello mushrooms.
This isn’t quite edible with your hands, so don’t be afraid to resort to a knife and fork.
- Large Beeg Tomatos
How to make no bun tomato burgers
- Cook the burgers per packet instructions how you desire (fry, grill, BBQ, oven, magic, etc.)
- Obtain a large beef tomato and slice in two.
- Fry (or BBQ) the tomato halves face down for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
- Add some cheese on your burgers and allow to melt.
- For a dead simple eat, place the cheeseburger between the tomato and tuck in.
Of course you can add extras such as lettuce, onions and sauces just like any other burger.