This is a super simple recipe involving puff pastry that’s hard to get wrong.
Combine fresh strawberries with chocolate for these moreish puff-pastry slices.
Best of all, you need only the four ingredients – and can even do it in three!
And while we’ve used chocolate and strawberry, you could also try other fillings such as banana and chocolate, or banana with peanut butter.
- Puff Pastry Ready-made
- Chocolate spread (e.g. Nutella) Could also use melted chocolate
- Strawberries Could also use bananas!
- Milk or Egg (optional)
How to make Chocolate and Strawberry Puff Pastry slices:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees / 180 degrees fan.
- Cut the puff pastry into an approx 30cm x 10cm rectangles (you don’t need to be too accurate) and lay out lengthways.
- Cut approx 10cm slits into each end of the pastry.
- In the middle of the pastry, spread over chocolate spread and add on chopped strawberries – don’t overfill!.
- Fold the strips into the middle alternating each side.
- For the perfect finish, brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve, optionally topping with powdered sugar and/or cream.